In this digital age that we are all so lucky to be a part of, it is more important than ever for businesses to have an online presence. For restaurants, a website is one of the best tools to drive customers through the doors. It is surprising to see even today how many restaurants neglect their restaurant website design, thinking they can put up a couple of pages of weak content, just to say they have a website.
Here at VerriBerri, digital marketing agency Essex, our graphic design and content marketing teams have come together to compile a list of the do’s and don’ts of restaurant website design.
- It is important to have a clear brand image for your restaurant, as this will make a solid foundation for how you design the website.
- Make the layout as clear as possible. Try to stick to a clean home screen with a short blurb about your restaurant with easy to locate and use buttons to other pages that will offer more content.
- Include and update your menu. Many guests will want to see your menu beforehand to make sure that there is something they will want to eat on there.
- Include a blog that can offer advice on everything to do with cooking or hosting, this will give you the opportunity to include keywords that can increase your SEO.
- Make sure that when you are uploading any images of food that they are professional photos and not just quick, blurry snaps taken off of your phone, as this could devalue your brand.
- Do not rely on just a desktop website, with so many of us glued to our phones, make sure that your website is compatible with mobile devices.
- Don’t try to limit the number of pages on your website, it is better to have more pages that are clear to read than trying to fit everything on a couple of pages, making the website look like a second thought.
- Don’t forget to check out what your competitors are doing, obviously, do not copy their website but make sure that yours can contend with theirs.
If you are looking for help in creating content for your website or would like to know more on how VerriBerri, digital marketing Essex can help you with restaurant website design, then contact our friendly professional team on 01376 386 850.