16 Oct Essex Organic seo agency
A website is simply no good without Organic SEO. Our Essex SEO agency can help.
I equate it to starting up a shop behind the high street. Without signs and a window display (SEO) no one will know your shop (website) is there so they just won’t visit!
What can you expect from an Essex SEO agency?
One of the most important parts of the process is setting realistic expectations and understanding the effect it will have on your business and your online presence.
The vast majority of people understand the importance of SEO but they don’t realise how much effort and time it involves.
Today our Essex SEO team will be answering the top three questions that you have asked about search engine optimization.
Isn’t SEO just about setting up and linking pages correctly?
Contrary to popular belief search engine optimisation is something that is entirely bespoke. Every business has it’s own model, strategy, website… you get the gist. The only common denominator with organic SEO is you never ever just do it and then leave it. You should be able to reduce it, but never ignore it!
So yes, it is important that your page has the right titles, tags and data but it’s not the be all and end all.
In addition to this, it is important to measure visits. If you’re a furniture outlet and you find that the majority of your visits are about sofas, they you can angle your SEO strategy in that direction to pick the ‘low hanging fruit’. Your strategy will develop over time in order to not only attract visits but to convert them into leads.
In addition to this, it is vital to ensure every new post or page going online is optimized to keep your solid SEO strategy firmly in place.
Oh, one last thing; SEO isn’t just on page you know! Connecting to and acquiring high quality links means you need to put a bit of effort and patience but it works!
Is SEO expensive?
This is an easy question. The more results you want or the faster you want results directly equates to the money you will need to spend. Remember – You are paying us on a per hour basis so it is up to you how dynamic and effective your SEO is.
In addition to this, some consideration needs to be put into how competitive your market or location is. If it is saturated, naturally it becomes more difficult to achieve the same results for someone in another town and business.
So how long will it take?
This is such a common question, with such a difficult answer. When carried out by experienced professionals, such as us, an average website will see results within four to six months time. However this is an average and does not consider the following points:
- How saturated is the market?
- How old is the website?
- Have you used an unscrupulous organic SEO ‘specialist’ in the past and been penalised for it?
- How many backlinks do you have?
- Have you been running social media?
- Do you have a blog and how often do you post?
The fact is there is no single issue that will get you more organic traffic.
Good SEO is an amalgamation of different things, but it doesn’t have to be the same combination. There are numerous directions to aid your rankings.
In no particular order, these are my top three:
Short, Non-Parameter Heavy URLs. This isn’t about having an exact-match domain. It’s about making it as easy as possible for spiders to find your URL and read it. Limit the number of parameters you have. Use words instead of numbers. Use hyphens instead of underscores. Avoid subdomains when possible.
Real, Relevant Content, Not “SEO Copy”. It’s not often you’ll see a Web page without “SEO copy,” following some formulaic calculation with 300 words, three to five keywords stuffed in sentences, and five internal links with exact match anchor text.Good content doesn’t follow a formula. Write content that will actually help your users making a purchasing decision.
Links. Link building is not, and will never, die, and a site that has better, higher-quality links will outrank a site that doesn’t (assuming on-page optimization is equal).
So once people arrive at your site, how do you get them to convert?
The problem is a lot of people put stock into SEO, but that’s not everything!
Did you know that businesses that use a structured approach towards conversion optimisation are twice as likely to see a huge upsurge in sales.Our Essex SEO agency have invested a lot of time into testing and retesting, However, research shows that 61% of businesses actually carry out less than 5 tests per month.
We are going to consider why some of the highest converting websites do so well, but first; some facts:
- Around 96% of visitors to your site are not yet ready to make a purchasing decision.
- You have between 0 and 8 seconds to make an impression.
- The more landing pages you have the more likely you are to convert.
- Videos on site can increase purchases of your product by 144%
- Just a one second delay in your loading speed can lose 7% of potential conversions.
- Split testing has been the most successful tool in determining optimum conversion.
Why do some websites perform so well?
Their USP is immediately obvious. When a visitor lands on a page they know exactly what is offered to them and why it is the best choice for them.
Answer questions before they are asked. Think about what concerns your customer could have an address them immediately. Be brutally honest with yourself, what could put people off? Don’t hide it; talk about it!
- Calls to action are tested. Change your CTA regularly and see how results vary.
- Make your enquiry forms as short as possible. If you ask a million and one questions you will turn people off. Keep it simple… name, email address and telephone alongside the enquiry is sufficient.
- Implement a ‘chat now’ box. Stats show this increases signups by 31%
- Running an offer has been found to increase conversions by 148.3%
- An image of a person on your homepage can have a massive impact on conversions. Remember – people like people; not business.
- Changing your call to action button to red has seen an increase of conversions of up to 34%
Regardless of the above the most important thing you can do is to test, test and test again.
If you would like any more information please just click here to speak to a specialist in our Essex SEO office.