By providing your personal information to our website you consent to being contacted for direct marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to monitor your use of our website. As you navigate through this website, certain personal information, as well as anonymous, passive information may be collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream).
This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this anonymous, passive information in aggregated form.
4. Collection of Personal Information
VerriBerri collects personal data when you visit our website (through automated cookies); interact with us through the contact forms on the website, by email, social media, or telephone, at the online or in-person events, etc.; use our products, services, and platform.
Personal information that VerriBerri collects may vary, and it may include:
- Name, email address, phone number, username and other contact information
- Billing information
- Name and website of company you are working for, your job title, etc.
- Job application information
- Records of your correspondence with us
- Additional information that can be provided through conferences, events, chatbots, social media, or other types of interaction with us
4.1. Personal Information Access and Retention
Personal data shall be processed by us in accordance with the rights of data subjects. When acting as a data processor, we shall have no direct relationship with the data subjects whose personal data we process and no authority to grant direct access to that data. In cases where VerriBerri handles customers’ personal information and a client seeks access to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, such client should direct his/her query to VerriBerri. If VerriBerri is requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, or according to the terms in the data processing agreement with data controller.
4.2. Use of Personal Information
VerriBerri may use Personal Information for responding to and processing inquiries, orders and service requests or generally for any other purpose related to the original purpose for which the Operational Personal Information was collected. VerriBerri also may use Operational Personal Information for supporting your relationship with us by designing services that are suitable to your needs, general product support and updates, marketing, alerting you to new product offerings as they become available, continuing existing service and support, and other similar purposes. This Information may also be used to provide you with notices about your purchases, your use of the Products, and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
4.3. Personal Information in Content
We treat all Content that is backed up, stored or hosted using our Products in the same manner, described below, regardless of whether or not it contains Personal Information.
4.4. Share Personal Information and Content
VerriBerri will not give, sell, share, or trade any Operational Personal Information or any Personal Information in Content to any party outside of our company except as outlined in this Policy or with appropriate consent. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party in the following limited circumstances:
- when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Websites or Products against possible attacks, or protect the property and safety of VerriBerri, our customers or the public;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, warrant, regulatory oversight or similar legal process;
- in connection with any potential sale, transfer, merger, consolidation or other transaction involving all or part of our company.
In addition, VerriBerri may disclose Operational Personal Information (but not Content), as needed, in the following circumstances:
- to companies that provide services that help us with our business activities such as processing Customer payments. These companies are authorized to use Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us; and
- to companies that work with VerriBerri on various projects; for example, we may share Operational Personal Information for customer relationship management purposes, email marketing purposes, but will not hand these to a third party for sales reasons.
5. Using and Sharing of Personal Information: General Policy and Exceptions
Our general policy is that we will use your personal information only for the performance of the services or transaction for which it was given, and we will not share, sell, or rent your personal information to others. The only exceptions to this general policy: (i) are described in the subsections below, and (ii) if you explicitly approve through our site. We may at times combine your personal information with passively collected information in order to personalize this site and offers we may present to you, but we will only do so where and to the extent explicitly approved by you.
In the course of providing Product support requested by a Customer, VerriBerri may have incidental access to Content. Any Customer request for Product support will be deemed express permission for us to access Content as needed for the limited purposes of providing the requested Product support. Customer, as the data controller, is responsible for furnishing any notices or obtaining any consents required by law from the relevant individuals. Product support may be provided by any VerriBerri entity on behalf of another.
5.1. Affiliates and Service Providers
5.2. Acquisition; Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
5.3. Enforcement; Legal Process
VerriBerri reserves the right to transfer such information if we have a strong belief that access, usage, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,(ii) to investigate or enforce violations of our rights or the security of this site, or (iii) to protect your safety or the safety of others.
6. Onward Transfer of Personal Information Outside Your Country of Residence
Any personal information which we may collect on this site will be stored and processed in our servers located primarily in Denmark, and in other countries under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. By using this site, if you reside outside Denmark, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to Denmark.
7. Security of Personal Information
VerriBerri takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process. We use encrypted transmission of your information behind the login with socket secure layer technology (SSL), the 256-bit AES encryption mechanism for stored Content and Personal Information and the password-free login method as well as the classic password-based login method. Therefore, even with the robust information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures, including SSL, access controls, password policy, encryptions, pseudonymisation, practices, restriction, IT, authentication etc., we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute 100% security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this site.
8. Data Subject Rights
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure that you can enforce your data protection rights, we provide easy to access information via our website, in the office, during induction etc. of your right to access any personal information that VerriBerri processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for no longer than 6 months
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about you corrected or completed and the process for requesting this
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use
- Upon request, we will permit you to request or make changes or updates or delete your personal information for legitimate purposes. We request identification prior to approving such requests. We reserve the right to decline any requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require unreasonable time or effort of our technical or administrative personnel, or undermine the privacy rights of others. We reserve the right to permit you to access your personal information in any account you establish with our site for purposes of making your own changes or updates, and in such case, instructions for making such changes, deletions or updates will be provided where necessary. You may send us your request by contacting us. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion, in which case we will let you know.
- The right to opt out of receiving periodic messages from us with marketing related information by following the instructions on the email. Please note that you generally cannot opt out of the product-, service- and platform related communications required for the normal functioning of the product, services and platform provided by us.
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instances
9. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as it is needed to provide you the services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. GDPR Compliance
VerriBerri has been taking all endeavours required to achieve consistent level of data protection and security across our organisation.
We have revised our Privacy Notice(s) to comply with the GDPR, ensuring that all individuals whose personal information we process have been informed of why we need it, how it is used, what their rights are, who the information is disclosed to and what safeguarding measures are in place to protect their information.
We have also revised the wording and processes for direct marketing, including clear opt-in mechanisms for marketing subscriptions; a clear notice and method for opting out and providing unsubscribe features on all subsequent marketing materials.
Email: [email protected]