18 Jul SEO Consultancy Firm: How to Rank Higher Than Your Competitors on Google
At VerriBerri, we are a multi-award-winning SEO consultancy firm with over 12 years of experience delivering organic search engine marketing. Our team work around the clock to develop their knowledge in line with algorithm changes so that you don’t have too! Our work helps organisations to better establish themselves within their sector, pathing the way for a brighter, and more secure future.
What Is SEO?
The anagram SEO stands for search engine optimisation. This is a type of organic search engine marketing (SEM.) For those of you who don’t know, SEO is used to improve where your website positions when individuals search for anything relating to your product, service, or industry.
During the SEO process, certain modifications need to be made to your site to satisfy Google’s algorithm. The concept behind this is simple. The more criteria you meet, the more willing search engines are to promote you to their users. The changes made through SEO are designed to mould your site into what Google deem as ‘perfect.’ In addition to positioning higher, SEO will also improve your end user experience too.
Important Stats About Search Engine Optimisation
- Over 90% of online interactions begin with a search engine
- The first page of search results receives over 95% of all search traffic
- The first 5 options on the search engine results page (SERP) receive 67% of all clicks
- The 3rd page of results only sees 7% of search traffic
- 70% of digital marketers find SEO more lucrative than PPC
How Will SEO Help My Business Grow?
- Visibility: As you can imagine, the higher you are able to rank on the SERP, the more footfall your website is going to receive. Providing you have done a good job with your website’s layout and design; these clicks should quickly convert to sales.
- Reputation: Google are the leaders of the search engine world. This means that what they say, do and promote matters. If you are seen ranking at the top of the SERP, this can only work wonders for your reputation. Not only does this drive traffic, but it’s also helps you to build credibility too.
- Getting Ahead: If you are positioning higher than your competitors, the majority of the limelight is going to shift onto your brand. As long as you are able to impress at every stage, this is a great opportunity to get ahead. Further, it’s a great opportunity to make your way to the forefront of your industry. SEO helps brands to become market leaders.
What Does an SEO Consultancy Firm Do?
As a SEO consultancy firm, our job is incredibly varied. In order to be an expert, you really do need both a technical and creative mind – two traits that rarely go hand in hand.
Day to day, it is our job to carry out both on-site and off-site optimisation on your behalf. This involves creating a range of SEO friendly content, including blogs, landing pages and website copy. In addition, we can also make modifications such as improving your loading speed, creating meta descriptions and optimising your website for mobile viewing. Each of these tasks are going to earn you some serious brownie points.
Believe us when we say, the jobs above really are a non-exhaustive list of the work we do as experts. This is just the very tip of the iceberg. To get the highest ROI out of your search engine optimisation, you really do need to consider onboarding a team of professionals. This is no job for the untrained eye.
Utilising an Integrated Firm for Your SEO
Something many businesses don’t quite realise is the impact that their other marketing efforts can have on how they rank. The work you do on your social media or the leads you gain through PR are both types of off-site optimisation. Every strong SEO strategy should look to implement these techniques for best results.
When you utilise an integrated and multi-skilled agency to help with your SEO, you benefit from the full package. Our social media, SEO and PR teams come together to work collaboratively on this project to ensure you get the most out of our efforts.
Why It Pays to Take an Organic Approach to Search Engine Marketing
When researching SEO, it’s likely you stumbled across PPC somewhere on your travels. This stands for Pay Per Click and is a non-organic form of search engine marketing. When you launch one of these campaigns, you are required to pay for a higher ranking under key terms. These are the results you often see at the top of the SERP with ‘ad’ plastered next to them.
Whilst a non-organic approach isn’t necessarily the wrong way to go about things, it isn’t going to offer you a long-term strategy. You see, when you stop paying for these campaigns, your results stop instantly. Meanwhile, if you stop implementing SEO, the effects are going to last for far longer. In addition, 70-80% of consumers say that they ignore PPC results. This just goes to show how opposed the public are becoming towards advertisement.
Our SEO consultancy firm always encourage clients to go down the organic route. Or, at the very least, to use a combination of both techniques. Whilst PPC may be great for making the hard sale, SEO is going to help you build a better name for your brand. Further, it will also encourage brand loyalty.
Get In Touch with Our Experts!
We get it, there’s a lot to take in. We warned you that SEO wasn’t easy to wrap your head around! Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t fret, we’re here to help!
If you’d like to discuss SEO or any of our other services further, we would love to chat! Our experts are always excited to get their teeth sunk into new projects. To get in touch with our SEO consultancy firm, give us a call on 01376 386 850. You can also click here!