30 Jul Social Media Marketing Agencies In Essex
Social Media Marketing In Essex: What Are The Latest Trends?
Hands up if you spent part of the lockdown staring at a social media feed; scrolling until you no longer had a thumb? Just me? Somehow, I think not…
Social media platforms have become a firm fixture of the online world over the last two decades; and this shows no sign of changing anytime soon. The world of social media is one of trends and changing user behaviour.
Whilst there are certain core themes which remain the same (the need for consistency, for instance). It’s important that you keep abreast of these trends in order to get the most out of the platforms. The team here at VerriBerri, who offer social media marketing in Essex, wanted to look at some of trends which are having the most impact at the minute.
Versatility Is Increasingly Attractive
You only have to think of the word TikTok for a flock of thousands of millennials and Gen-Zers to come flocking to your feet. Newer platforms such as TikTok; and other more specialised platforms such as LinkedIn; are holding an increasing portion of the industry pie between them. Gone are the days where, in a marketing context at least, you target solely one platform such as Instagram.
Whilst you still may have a central platform as your business’ core focus, incorporating other platforms under a broader, more holistic strategy, will allow you to target a greater quantity and quality of audience.
Whenever we offer our social media marketing in Essex, we advise on what platform suits a business best, and then which other social channels would work well as kinds of auxiliary branches to that.
Whatever Did We Do Before Video?
People just prefer to watch something than read something, we’re lazy, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Video content is the easiest and quickest way in which to convey information to users, whatever that information may be. We’re only going to become increasingly conditioned to behave like this what with platforms such as TikTok increasingly bringing short-form video content to the fore. Looking at video content in terms of quantity, alone, reveals just how staggeringly prevalent it’s become in a (relatively) short period of time. In fact, according to Cisco, over 80% of IP traffic. The benefits of video content include:
- Easy to consume (the content works around you, rather than the other way around)
- Easy to make highly entertaining
- Users retain information more from video content than they do text-alternatives
- Increased engagement when compared with text and images, alone
- Leads to a greater number of conversions
An obvious downside of video content is that it’s harder to put together than writing a piece, or taking some photos. You needn’t be a star videographer, however, in order to make video content work for you. There’s so much information out there on how to use programmes such as iMovie and Adobe’s Premiere Pro. If you don’t want to do it yourself, then you can always use one of our in-house videographers to do the work for you!
Honesty Is Always The Best Policy
This is something that could be said for anything in life, but it will help your social media marketing no end. People have wised up to the fact that social media presents a warped, inaccurate snapshot of someone’s perfect life. Unattainable standards are being set on these platforms and it’s led to an increase in associated mental health problems. Nowadays, people would much rather follow accounts that offer genuine honesty, maybe some behind the scenes content, and which is relatable. Nothing comes across as more vapid, shallow or transparent than an account solely proclaiming how wonderful they and their life is. Approaching it in that way is a shortcut to alienation.
Social Media Marketing In Essex In A Post-Pandemic World
Whilst we’re not post-pandemic by any means, normality is returning to an extent. The retail and hospitality sectors, which have been amongst the two worst by the virus, are tentatively beginning to gain custom once again. Customer behaviour will have changed, however, and will no longer be the same as it was pre-COVID.
The way in which this will obviously manifest itself is in customers making firmer plans before they set out shopping, or going for a meal. They’re much less likely to make decisions on the fly once they’re out.
Customers are just as likely to decide what they want and where they want it from on Instagram, for example, as they are by searching on Google. The goal for businesses, then, should be to make their social media channels as attractive as possible to secure those customers. How, though, can you make your social media channels better?
- Post consistently. First and foremost, if you’re not posting consistently, you’ve got no chance of social media success. It helps more easily build a following and strikes of greater professionalism.
- Post engagingly. Avoid generic posts if you can help it. Whenever you post, think about whether you yourself would find the content interesting were you to read it. Further to that, would it lead you to act in some way (e.g. booking a restaurant table).
- Vary your content. Mix up what you post (but do so in a consistent way). Instead of solely posting photographs, put together some infographics, competition offers, graphic design pieces (using an agency such as ours) and, of course, videos.
- Interact with other accounts. This builds your brand’s reputation as communicative and accessible. The last thing you want as a brand is to appear snobby in any way; you need to engage with users and make them feel valued and welcomed.
Social media platforms present businesses with an exciting marketing opportunity, especially at the moment. So, if you’d like to find out more about our social media marketing in Essex, then get in touch! Contact VerriBerri today on 01376 386 850. Whether you’re looking for long-term management, consultancy or something in between, we’ll be able to help.