16 Oct YOUTUBE MARKETING
YouTube marketing in Essex. Who do you turn to?
YouTube has been part of our lives since 2005, and everyone who knows anything about the Internet will have used it at some point.
If you need to know how to correctly apply eyeliner, bake a jam sponge or make a DIY storage unit, YouTube is the place to go. With this in mind, surely it makes sense to put it to good use and market your business using one of the world’s most innovative and interactive websites?
Before you go ahead and create thousands and thousands of ‘man in front of his webcam’ YouTube videos, consider the following two points:
You must be a good storyteller.
Regardless of what you’re trying to get across, your viewers will not be interested if you spend 15 minutes reading your lines from a sheet of paper. Much like a musical artist, you must have ‘stage presence’. You need to make sure that they way you choose to get your message out there is going to keep people hooked until the very last second; the amount of views don’t count unless at least one person has taken something positive away with them.
You must have basic editing skills.
Consider this: If a film in the cinema was shot on one camera, from the same angle for 123 minutes, chances are it’s going to look tacky, unprofessional and uncomfortable to watch. Would you really feel like you’d spent £10 on something worthwhile? When making your videos, you need to make them interesting. You can even use YouTube for research purposes, and teach yourself some basic editing skills that will keep your viewer hooked.
SEO SEO SEO
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again (and again). It is said that the best way to get your videos out there is to show them to people yourself. If you apply SEO to your video, it’ll be more findable. To even have a chance of converting, you need to make an incredible video. To really get it out there, you need to make it as searchable as possible. YouTube works differently to search engines like Google. People head to Google to research things, to make themselves more knowledgeable on certain subjects.; people head to YouTube primarily for entertainment, so their search terms will be completely different.Create high quality videos and you’ll eventually create high quality conversions.
YouTube has arisen as an incredibly influential digital marketplace, where brands and consumers alike can engage. It has become a platform for customers, partners and critics to communicate. Since its launch in November 2005, YouTube has flourished as publishing rates have risen, and shows no signs of dwindling at any time soon. Because the video-sharing website has become one of the most impressionable PR tools, we’ve put together some facts which should convince you to start utilising YouTube when it comes to your marketing and PR efforts.
YouTube marketing Facts
- 70% of traffic comes from outside of the US – Users in 56 countries post on YouTube every day, with content being produced in 61 different languages.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, beaten only by Google. The infographic giant has a monthly volume of around 3 billion searches, making it bigger than Ask, Yahoo!, AOL and Bing combined.
- An average, around 1 billion unique visitors find themselves on the site each month and watch a combined 6 billion hours of video in that time– could you imagine that!?
- Around 100 hours of video are uploaded every minute – that’s 144,000 hours of video a day!
- 17% of all Internet traffic flows through YouTube. Consider this: At the time of writing this blog, there were 1207577240 websites online.
- Facebook and Twitter are definitely part of the reason YouTube’s views are so high. Apparently, more than 400 tweets a minute contain a YouTube line, and people watch over 150 years worth of YouTube videos every day. We’ve all been sidetracked watching videos of a kitten doing kung-fu, while ‘Facebook stalking’ your mum’s best friend’s daughter’s boyfriend.
- The top 100 global brands have 250,000 videos on YouTube. YouTube is growing every single day, and shows no signs of stopping.
- Audiences are more likely to share videos that are 15 seconds or shorter.
- Your video is 37% less likely to be shared if it is between 30 seconds and a minute, and if it is over a minute it is a further 18% less likely to be shared.
- At the end of 2013, a whopping 93% out of a surveyed 600 businesspeople said they had used video/YouTube video promotion as part of their marketing strategy. Another 82% of those people said its results were effective. It also takes a lot less time to relay all the information contained in a video as opposed to blogging.
Should your business use YouTube?
If you feel your customer base are watching videos on YouTube that relate to your industry, you should definitely think about creating a YouTube channel and posting regularly. There is always something to gain when using the platform, and it’s great for building brand awareness and reputation. It’s only worth trying if your content is interesting, engaging and actually has a point, so bear that in mind. If you think YouTube could be something your brand is missing.
Using YouTube video promotion and video marketing is becoming increasingly popular as an effective tool to market businesses.YouTube videos allow your audience to engage with you and feel as though they are having a personal conversation, which gives viewers the feeling that they can trust you.
Encouraging this connection is crucial as it makes for a great future rapport. Using platforms such as YouTube also allows for viewers to comment. This allows people to offer up their opinion or ask questions. Again this unlocks many opportunities for you to show yourself in the best possible light to both current and potential clients.
YouTube video promotion is a highly engaging way to connect with your audience.
Most people prefer spoken and visual communication to text information. After all, it’s far easier to digest a video and maintain interest rather than churning through paragraph after paragraph.
We’ve all sat reading the same sentence five times only for the words to blend together and leave you baffled! Many people now have grown up with a TV in their home and many are avid fans, whether they use it to watch nature documentaries, or Keeping Up with the Kardashians. It doesn’t matter what your tastes are, videos apply to a whole range of people.
Need some help promoting your YouTube channel? Get in touch with our team for help with either setting up, or getting more exposure for what you already have.